NATIVES VALUE LIST
4. Pincate beetle- worth 2
5. Chapparal yucca
6. Poison oak- worth 3
7. CA Sycamore
8. Coast live oak
9. Prickly Pear Cactus
10. Mourning Dove
11. Red Shouldered Hawk (worth 10)
12. Coyote (worth 5)
13. Harvester Ant
14. Black Pheobe
15. Cottontail Rabbit
16. Acorn Woodpecker (worth 2)
17,Anna's Hummingbird (worth 2)
18. Stinging Nettle-
19. Snowy Egret (worth 5)
20. Great White Egret (worth 5)
21. California Towhee (worth 2)
22.Mule fat (worth 2)
23. Ca Ground Squirrel (worth 2)
24. Poison Hemlock
Worth 5 Cards
25. Western Scrubjay (worth 2)
26. Western Bluebird (worth 2)
27. Turkey Vulture (worth 2)
28. Black Sage (worth 2)
29. Laurel Sumac (worth 2)
30. Western fence lizard (worth 5)
31. American Coot (worth 2)
32. Agregating Anenome (worth 2)
33. Red-Tailed Hawk (GOLD CARD)- worth 15 Trading Cards. Limited Prints
34. Humpback Whale (Worth 10 cards)
35. Ca Quail (worth 2)
36. American Kestrel (Worth 10 cards)
37. Giant Hairy Scorpion (Worth 10 cards)
38. CA King Snake (Worth 10 cards)
39. Hermit Crab (worth 2)
40. Road Runner (worth 2)
41. Kit Fox (Worth 5)
42. Big Horned Sheep (Worth 3)
43. Wolf Spider (worth 10)
44. Coast Bush Sunflower (worth 2)
45. Blue Elderberry (worth 2)
46. Cattail (worth 5)
47. Osprey (worth 10 cards)
48. Mountain Lion (Worth 10 cards)
49.Great Blue Heron (worth 5)
50. Golden Eagle (worth 10 cards)
51. American Crow (Worth 2 cards)
52. CA Poppy (worth 5 cards)
53. CA Mugwort (Worth 2)
54. Pacific Tree Frog- Earned by helping to improve the environment through an organized and approved Art and Wilderness Institute event.
55. Western Toad (worth 10)
Earned by showing consistent stewardship towards the environment. Marked by a habit that has now formed that constantly helps the environment.
For example: You started always picking up trash after class for about 5 minutes... Or you used to always bring a plastic bottle and now for a while you only bring a reusable bottle. Western Toad is marked by a habit, not a one-time event.
56. Wild Cucumber (worth 10 cards)
- earned by participating in writing, drawing, or reading contests that are approved by Art and Wilderness Institute.
57. Coast Redwood (worth 10 cards)
earned by achieving extraordinary follow-through on a project that is approved by Art and Wilderness Institute.
58. Striped Shorecrab (Worth 10 cards)
earned by witnessing a rare and hard-to-come by animal or event during a group class. This is reserved only for the most exquisite of unfolding events.
59.Red Diamond Rattlesnake (worth 10 cards)
- Earned by facing your greatest fear as displayed to your educator out in the field. Your fear is something that has always disabled you from doing a certain task or participating in a certain activity. You earn the Red Diamond Rattlesnake card by facing your fear. Only the instructor can tell you when that happens and when you achieve that. You may not tell the instructor of a time you faced a fear in hopes of earning this one.
60. Bobcat (worth 20 cards)
Earned by completing a HUGE project that serves the community or the environment or overcoming a huge educational obstacle. The project is something that is lead and organized by YOU, something you envisioned and made happen, something that could never have happened unless You made it happen. This project must be approved by an instructor at AWI prior to beginning and it must be done through AWI.
61. Black Widow- (worth 3)
62.Raccoon- (worth 2)
63.Mule Deer (worth 2)
64.CA Pepper TREE (Worth 1)
65. BRITTLE STAR- (worth 20)
Earned by showing kindness and sensitivity to those around you while in class.
66.OCTOPUS- (worth 30)
Earned by spotting your own octopus in the water. The whole scene must be filmed if you are trying to prove it to us. You must also test 5 facts.
67.TARANTULA- (worth 10)
Earned by testing for it and also showing bravery and kindness towards the tarantula when you see a tarantula on the trail.
68. Flame Skimmer Dragonfly (worht 2)
69. Western Gull (Worth 5)
70. Botta's Pocket Gopher ( worth 5)
71. Giant Bladder Kelp (worth 5)
72. Coast Goldenbush (worth 5)
73. Coyote Brush ( worth 5)
74. Arroyo Willow (Worth 5)
75. Northern Raven (worth 40)
76. Moray Eel (worth 20)
77. CA Black Walnut (Worth 3)
78. Monarch Butterfly (worth 3)
79. Wild Grape (worth 1)
80. Opaleye Fish (worth 2)
81. Barn Owl (worth 10)
82. Great Horned Owl ( worth 20)
INVASIVES VALUE LIST
1. COWBIRD (can eat up 2 Native Bird cards of equal or smaller in size)
Cowbirds can never be earned or bought with points. They slowly get introduced into your circles over time and that is how they invade.
2. BLACK MUSTARD WEED (can take out 3 Native Plant Cards. )