NATIVES VALUE LIST
4. Pincate beetle
5. Chapparal yucca
6. Poison oak- worth 5
7. CA Sycamore
8. Coast live oak
9. Prickly Pear Cactus
10. Mourning Dove
11. Red Shouldered Hawk
13. Harvester Ant
14. Black Pheobe
15. Cottontail Rabbit
16. Acorn Woodpecker
18. Stinging Nettle-
Worth 3 cards
19. Snowy Egret
20. Great White Egret
21. California Towhee
23. Ca Ground Squirrel
24. Poison Hemlock
Worth 5 Cards
25. Western Scrubjay
26. Western Bluebird
27. Turkey Vulture
28. Black Sage
29. Laurel Sumac
30. Western fence lizard
31. American Coot
32. Agregating Anenome
33. Red-Tailed Hawk (GOLD CARD)- worth 10 Trading Cards. Limited Prints
34. Humpback Whale (Worth 5 cards)
35. Ca Quail
36. American Kestrel
37. Giant Hairy Scorpion (Worth 5)
38. CA King Snake (Worth 3 cards)
39. Hermit Crab
40. Road Runner
41. Kit Fox
42. Big Horned Sheep
43. Wolf Spider
44. Coast Bush Sunflower
45. Blue Elderberry
47. Osprey (worth 8 cards)
48. Mountain Lion (Worth 15 cards)
49.Great Blue Heron
50. Golden Eagle (worth 10 cards)
51. American Crow
52. CA Poppy
53. CA Mugwort
THE FOLLOWING CAN ONLY BE EARNED
in very special ways through your Educator.
54. Pacific Tree Frog- Earned by helping to improve the environment through an organized and approved Art and Wilderness Institute event.
55. Western Toad
Earned by showing consistent stewardship towards the environment. Marked by a habit that has now formed that constantly helps the environment.
For example: You started always picking up trash after class for about 5 minutes... Or you used to always bring a plastic bottle and now for a while you only bring a reusable bottle. Western Toad is marked by a habit, not a one-time event.
56. Wild Cucumber (worth 3 cards)
- earned by participating in writing, drawing, or reading contests that are approved by Art and Wilderness Institute.
57. Coast Redwood (worth 8 cards)
earned by achieving extraordinary follow-through on a project that is approved by Art and Wilderness Institute.
58. Striped Shorecrab (Worth 3 cards)
earned by witnessing a rare and hard-to-come by animal or event during a group class. This is reserved only for the most exquisite of unfolding events.
59.Red Diamond Rattlesnake (worth 6 cards)
- Earned by facing your greatest fear as displayed to your educator out in the field. Your fear is something that has always disabled you from doing a certain task or participating in a certain activity. You earn the Red Diamond Rattlesnake card by facing your fear. Only the instructor can tell you when that happens and when you achieve that. You may not tell the instructor of a time you faced a fear in hopes of earning this one.
60. Bobcat (worth 20 cards)
Earned by completing a HUGE project that serves the community or the environment or overcoming a huge educational obstacle. The project is something that is lead and organized by YOU, something you envisioned and made happen, something that could never have happened unless You made it happen. This project must be approved by an instructor at AWI prior to beginning and it must be done through AWI.
61. Black Widow- Can be tested for
62.Raccoon- Earned on a night hike or earned by testing for it.
64.CA Pepper TREE
65. BRITTLE STAR- Earned by showing kindness and sensitivity to those around you while in class.
66.TARANTULA- Earned by testing for it and also showing bravery and kindness towards the tarantula when you see a tarantula on the trail.
67.OCTOPUS- Earned by spotting your own octopus in the water. The whole scene must be filmed if you are trying to prove it to us. You must also test 5 facts.
INVASIVES VALUE LIST
1. COWBIRD (can eat up 2 Native Bird cards of equal or smaller in size)
Cowbirds can never be earned or bought with points. They slowly get introduced into your circles over time and that is how they invade.
2. BLACK MUSTARD WEED (can take out 3 Native Plant Cards. )